Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gifts...



Where I work, Yankee Clipper Pet Grooming, customers can look in from different vantage points and see us grooming pets. Most folks are suprised when they see me working on cats. They ask, "Is that a CAT?" They ask, "Is it DRUGGED?" Most of the cats I groom are very still and cooperative while I comb, clip and primp them.

I answer them this way; "You know how everyone is born with certain gifts? Some people are amazing teachers. Some are gifted artists. Some have a flair for making money. Well, God has a sense of humor and he gave me the gift of being good at grooming cats!" And it seems to be true. Most cats lie fairly still while I work on them; giving them a hair cut and a bath. I fluff them dry and trim and primp. It's an odd gift, to be sure, but I am grateful for it- and the accompanying sense of humor.

1 comment:

Rain said...

well indeed it is true-everyone does have something special they are/can do!!~~some are more interesting and unique then others! actually my daughters cat could probably use your therapy-she was traumatized very young-thrown from a car-when they rescued her she had to have her hip operated on-and will not let you get to near it now. are you very far from Orrington/Bangor area?