Sunday, June 19, 2011

And what is so rare...

... as a day in June?
After yesterday evenings storm there was a double rainbow over the meadow. The brighter rainbow shows up best in this image, but there is a fainter one arching to the left. Something about this place lends itself to rainbows, we seen them often in the eastern sky.


Those who live in warmer climates will not be impressed with my garden shot, but it is looking good for a Maine garden in June! In this bed I have garlic, Yukon gold potatoes, bush beans, broccolli, 2 kinds of cabbage, spring lettuce mix, spinach and peas. There is a new, larger garden too. It is filled with tomato, pepper, squash and other plants.


I love the snapping sound of a screen store slapping shut. It reminds me of the million times I flew out the porch door of my childhood home, intent on summer adventures. I have my own screen door now, put up in April or May and taken down, with regret, in the late fall. It is a badge of good weather and welcomes breezes to tickle the lace curtains and make them dance.





No comments: