Monday, April 29, 2013

The dog pack...

While looking through the wonderful photos my friend Marti Stone took, I smiled at this one and thought to blog it. This is the motley crew I share my heart and home with. Dazzle, the standard poodle, will be 13 this year. She is the "blond" of the pack, a sweet,lovely, effervescent air head. She leaps and bounds with the grace and vigor of a pup, but has become a little senile of late. Poppy, in the back right, is the Pug I featured in my last blog post. A small, round angel, well into her geriatric years at 14. The other Pug is Smooch (the pooch!) He was foisted off on me by a customer, and it was a good move on her part because he suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and has to take Prozac every day. He barks at nothing, endlessly, attacks his tail when he gets excited, and is prone to passionate kiss fests that leave us breathless. He is six now. His heart belongs to my daughter, and he is happiest when she is home. The wee toy poodle is Flirt. The "baby," she is 3 years old now. I had no desire to ever own a toy poodle until one day a friend mentioned she'd had a litter of three, and one was a cream colored female. I suddenly had to have that puppy, sight unseen. It was an odd but good decision, the little thing is my shadow and makes me grin every. single. day. Getting them to pose well all together was a neat trick.

No comments: