Monday, August 26, 2013

Goats go a visitin'...

My sweet neighbors invited the goats over to eat some of the browse in their pasture that the sheep leave behind.

The doelings hopped right into the back seat, Luna had to have a boost. She is not light! They rode perfectly nicely and excitedly explored their big new pasture. It has log piles, big rocks, poison ivy (a goat delicacy!) and interesting neighbors, (pigs and sheep.)


Of course I had my camera, and my neighbor suggested I might like to photograph his corn... it is 12 feet tall! The sunflowers and corn were both impressive, but what I really liked was Fred's shirt.





I brought some extra goat milk that we had on hand. The pigs had a party!



I'll pick the goats up this afternoon. I hope they do a nice job eating unwanted plants and come home with full bellies and stories to tell!



No comments: