Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Music of the night...

Bravo is 4 and a half months old now.  He is still the easiest puppy I have ever raised.  He does ask to be let outside every night, normally sometime between 3 and 5 AM.  Chris has sweetly taken over this job, because he is able to go downstairs, let the puppy out, and fall right back to sleep. This is something I would never be able to do. Once up, I'm up!

Last night I heard Bravo whining at 1:30.  Much earlier than his normal routine.  Chris roused, and took him out. I gratefully continued to slumber. Around 3 AM Bravo came back upstairs. He nudged my hand and I petted him, his coat was chilly and damp.

When we woke up this morning, Chris said, "When I let the puppy out, the coyotes were singing."

We often hear coyotes here, and one of the reasons I wanted a "farm" type dog was so there would be a dog here to alert us to things like predators singing in the night.  Chris continued, "I let him out and ran right outside, I think he was checking things out."  I believe he stayed out a while, because when he checked back in on me it felt like he was covered in dew.  

My little farm dog is shaping up to be just what I had hoped... and more.

No comments: