Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Walking...

I ordered a new halter and lead rope for Abraham the donkey.  I tried it on when it arrived, and it fits.  
I put it on again tonight, and walked him around the pasture.  He was not impressed, and threw himself to the ground where he rolled about in protest. Then he got up and walked along with me nicely. 

I took him out of the yard and he perked right up. He is very strong, and weighs around 400 pounds. I knew there was a chance that he'd drag me around like a rag doll.  But to my delight he behaved himself nicely.  We went and visited our neighbor. She seemed tickled and came out to give him some pats and rubs.  Abraham likes nothing more than being with people, so he was on board with this little adventure. 

After we left our neighbors place, Rachel look his lead and began to jog. He trotted briskly, ears up, tail swishing. By all appearances he was one happy donkey.  I think there will be more walks in our future.  We all had a good time.  

  

1 comment:

On The Road with Zuma said...

He's adorable. And so fortunate to have you.