Sunday, December 4, 2016

Decorating...

I like to decorate for the upcoming Christmas holiday a little at a time, and NOT before December begins.  Last week I put some decorations up in my grooming studio, because customers have begun to arrive with cards and gifts, so it the mood is festive already.
Yesterday I picked up some wreaths made by a local friend.  I buy them plain, and then do a little simple decorating myself. In this instance I added some different types of greens, winter berries and bright, happy looking bows.
Today I decorated the chicken coops. Yes, you read that right. A pleasant walk in the woods and an arm full of carefully pruned greens and I had all the material I could want to spruce things up a bit. (Pun intended.)

What you can't see is that there are battery operated candles behind the window of the little coop, and behind the wreath on the big coop.  Because, well, why not?

My last effort for the day was to arrange some roses my sweet husband brought me.
Years ago I used to love to visit a small florist shop near home.  The woman there would tuck sprigs of pine in with the roses in December, and I found to be a magically happy combination.  The shop is gone now, but I still marry red roses with white pine during the the twelfth month of the year.

This completes my first week of decorating.  Next we will go cut down a tree and put it up, and the house will be filled with Christmas cheer.

No comments: