Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Angel dog...


This is Poppy. If you look closely, you can see the halo over her little head. Poppy came to live with us 8 years ago. She was a tiny puppy who had been abandoned. She was loaded with fleas and had a belly full of worms. She was, unequivocally the ugliest puppy I had ever seen.
My plan was to get her healthy, and then find a wonderful home for her. She decided our home was quite wonderful enough, thank you, and stayed.
I knew I was sunk the day I looked down at her little squashed face and said to her, "You are SO beautiful." You see, logically I know she is no beauty, but when I see with my heart, she is among the prettiest things I know.
Poppy is a sweet and happy soul. She is the best snuggle pug of all time, never meets a stranger, and makes me smile every day.
If you knew her, you'd think she was beautiful, too.

No comments: