Friday, October 17, 2008

Lobstah...


There has been some strange market flux and suddenly Lobster, which I have gleefully paid $9.00 per pound for, is selling for $2.50. Not per pound, PER LOBSTER. Last night we had them boiled with butter, and tonight... Lobster Newberg.
My mother made wonderful Newberg, and it is one of those recipes I have never tried. It seemed... so ADULT. So FANCY.
Tonight I tried it. And it was amazing. NOT my mom's recipe, to be sure, but elegant, adult, fancy and worth the effort. I used the egg yolks from my newly laid hens eggs... and cream and sherry and butter and other yummy, high calorie, high fat, high delicious stuff. I will DEFINITELY make it again. Maybe soon, if this market holds....

2 comments:

D'Gaye said...

You have me salivating Daryl...stop it! Down 40 pounds now. 35 more to go!

D'Gaye said...

Hey Daryl check out the "Lobster" corn dogs on msns page. With cheap lobsters these would be great.