Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tree shopping...

We went shopping for our Christmas tree yesterday in this pretty place. We crunched over the frosty grass and teased each other about tree choices... Chris and Rachel like HUGE trees, I prefer something that does not fill an entire room. Found just the right one, cut it down and brought it home, listening to Christmas music as we went. This is our annual tradition and something we treasure.

I'll post a picture of the decorated tree when we finish festooning it for the season. For now the tree is standing unadorned, filling the room with its pungent fragrance. A symbol of the beauty of the season.

1 comment:

solarity said...

It sounds to me as though you need two trees, a big one for Chris and Rachel, and a small one that will fit in a cozy corner just for you. Then you can decorate it just with dog-stuff.

As soon as I'm moved I'll be going out and cutting a tree from near the pond! Wheee!

Mary Anne in Kentucky