Friday, December 5, 2008

Comparisons...

Eggs. Most of us have them in our refrigerator. In little cardboard boxes. And really, we don't think much about them as we plop them into a bowl to make a cake or into a pan for breakfast. Eggs are nutritious, delicious and a staple in most homes.

I conducted an experiment. Plopped an egg from the grocery store into a bowl. Then I plopped in one from my hens next to it. Here they are, side by side. Can you tell which is which?

The store egg is pale and rather flat looking. The "Lady egg" is on the left... a tall, proud yolk and check out that rich ORANGE color! The difference in flavor is pretty amazing too.

Just thought this was an interesting photo to share. Hungry?

1 comment:

solarity said...

The shells, too. When I was in college one of my friends would spend weekends at her grandparents' farm and bring me eggs. After a few years of that, I absent-mindedly cracked a grocery store egg on the side of a bowl and sliced all the way through the other side.

Mary Anne in Kentucky