Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mouse palace...


Here is Twinkle. The baby orphaned Field Mouse I am taking care of. After several days of feeding her kitten formula from an eye dropper, she is eating well on her own. I bought her a 10 gallon aquarium with a tight screen lid and we dubbed it "The Mouse Palace." Here she is sitting on her Campbell's Tomato soup can, waiting for breakfast. Behind her (on the outside of the tank) you will see a bag of pop corn, which is her favorite food. She holds a kernel between her wee pink paws and nibbles away. This is a comical site, as the kernel is nearly as big as she is. Twinkle loves her new Palace and leaps about very happily. She's a funny little house mouse!

2 comments:

Cottagecheap said...

Dear Twinkle,

Please remove the label from your 'house' and send it to my kid's school!

Silver houses are in this year anyway!

Yours,

Chez

Sandy Blackburn said...

awww Twinkle reminds me of my pet mouse when I was 9 yrs old. Spunky was a cute brown field mouse too. I do love the little guys, seems such a shame to trap and kill them! sigh...
Sandy