Wednesday, May 13, 2009

4 sisters...

Today would have been my sister "Dicy's" birthday. After her death each of her siblings received a small portion of her ashes. I scattered my portion into a flower bed I created under a beautiful flowering crab apple tree in my front yard. I planted daffodil, jonquil and tulip bulbs in the garden. Each year during the time before, during and after Dicy's birthday, the garden is a riot of color.

I took this photo of the four daffodil's clustered together in that garden, and when I saw it I immediately thought, "Four sisters." Our family consisted of 5 children, four sisters and a brother. It is hard to believe that one of us is gone....

Happy birthday, Dicy. Your garden is as bright, colorful and full of life as a memory of you should be.

2 comments:

Cottagecheap said...

Happy Birthday Dicy!

solarity said...

Happy birthday, Dicy. I thought of her when I picked the last daffodils, remembering what you said about the ashes.

Mary Anne in Kentucky