Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Celebratory moments...

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder

Like many people, I begin each year with a list of goals I wish to accomplish in the next 365 days. One of goals I set on New Years eve '09 was to have an article published in a non-dog related magazine. As the last days of this year go flipping by me, I was feeling disappointed in myself that I had not pursued this goal. And then, magically, I was offered the opportunity to write not one but nine articles for a magazine that is definitely NOT a dog related publication.
I mentioned this delightful turn of events to my sweet husband as I was whipping up an easy work night supper of tuna patties, pasta and green beans. He did not hesitate to delight me. In 30 seconds flat he popped the cork on a bottle of champagne and dragged our rarely used flutes from the back of the cupboard. We sipped bubbles happily over dinner.
The cake of my new opportunity was sweet... but it was sweeter with the frosting of celebration.
What have you taken time to celebrate lately? Are you concsious of your treasures?

No comments: