Thursday, December 10, 2009

Choir of angels...


My mother owned two copper angel candle sticks. She kept them, polished till they glowed, on the kitchen table. I loved them. When she died they were passed down to my sister. She saw me eyeing them one day and sweetly sent them home with me. I treasure them. My friend Liz saw them and a few days later handed me a bag with 5 similar angels, in a variety of sizes. They had belonged to her mother, and didn't have a place in her home. Suddenly I had a whole flock of angels! Tonight I polished them all up and put fresh candles in them. I decided they would be pretty on the old drop leaf table. (I will add some seasonal greens to Christmas things up.) When I had them all placed and took a photo, I realized that the portrait of Rachel at age 4 was overlooking the tableau. Truly, a choir of angels!