Wednesday, January 20, 2010



On Monday it snowed, all day. 10 or 11 inches of fresh snow decorated my world. Cozy inside watching the show, I enjoyed every flake. And then, on Tuesday, it snowed, all day. From work I watched as the snow came down, steadily building. Customers who had been out driving warned of dangerous road conditions. I drove home gingerly, admiring the scenery and fretting over the "greasiness" of the pavement under my tires. It was such a good feeling when we were all home safely, with dinner cooking and the wood stove radiating out comforting heat.

This morning, another 11 or 12 inches of snow graced the scene outside my windows. Snow over my boots, snow mounding up on the bird feeders. I fed the chickens, the crows the small wild birds, the stray cat that hangs out in the garage. I took a few photos of a world in shades of pewter and white. Today's forecast? Snow!

2 comments:

Sean Patrick said...

"It was such a good feeling when we were all home safely, with dinner cooking and the wood stove radiating out comforting heat."

I don't believe u. Your lying. You can't possibly embrace all this snow. Admit it.....and we'll still love u. Are ya loving shoveling out..over an over. Take off those rose colored glasses and tell us the truth Pollyanna.
:))))sEan

Daryl said...

Sorry... I still love it!