Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh What FUN..!

I learned something new. Chanel loves to play in the water!
I already knew she loves to EAT lush grass. This weekend Chanel the Halflinger and I joined some horse loving friends and went to Andover, Maine.

There were trails and hills and woods and fields and RIVERS!! We rode through the rivers, (the thought of which scared me. The REALITY made me giggle with unbridled GLEE!) Friend Liz with her beautiful horse Peach were there. Peach is a bit envious of Chanel's forelock and mane, but Chanel is envious of Peach's long delicate legs and slender figure.





We stayed at Memory Lane vacations. Great stables, wonderful accommodations, scenic beauty and relaxation. And really nice people. The chickens and rising full moon? A bonus.



We went for some long, scenic rides. Chanel enjoyed it all, but was tired at the end of the day. She ate, drank, then slept HARD. Her lower lip was spread out to the right, relaxed to the max.


After a nap we all walked down to the river and let the ponies splash and play. They kicked at the water, then rolled in the sand, then splashed and kicked more. It was a delight to see. This photo is of my sweet friend Sonia with Presto. She thought he didn't like water. She thought wrong!
Leaving home is such a PROJECT. I feel the need to leave the house tidy and clean. I worry about the animals, even though my husband and kid are very capable of filling in. And there is packing to do; for me AND for the horse. By the time we left, I was already tired. I was thinking, "WHY am I doing this ?"
But, the weekend was rife with adventure, relaxation and laughter.
When it was all over I got to come home. (I love coming home. )
This weekend was an expedition... a stretch. And I loved it... the foggy mornings, the leisurely days, the new and unexpected. The hours riding and just BEING with my very special horse and my sweet friends. I am so grateful.





No comments: