Saturday, July 31, 2010

Silly corn...


I have the most delightful niece. She sends me fun emails from time to time. She takes liberties with spelling and punctuation in a way that I find totally charming. I hope she does not mind that I am sharing this.

Her description in the following recipe was so cute I had to try it out immediately. And she was right. As bizarre as it sounded, the taste sensation was just amazing. Sort of like summer exploded in my mouth. You should try it, too.

"Corn On The Coab, Delicious Style

Ingredients:
Corn on the Coab
Fresh Cilantro
Mayo
Paprika
Fresh limes
Dental floss (because it's basically your teeth's wost nightmare)

You take an ear of cooked corn (we usually steam ours in the oven in the husks), shuck it, and smear good quality mayo all over it. THEN! You roll the sticky cob in a plate of fresh chopped cilantro. The mayo acts as glue. Then you sprinkle paprika over the corn cob. Then you squirt fresh lime juice over the whole thing. Then you eat it. It's SILLY it's so good. The lime cuts the spicy of the paprika and the sweetness of the corn interacts with the lime... holy COWZERS is it lovely. "

No comments: