Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lobster lover...

I had posted a while back that one of my summertime goals was to eat lobster every Saturday night in my back yard. There is a lobsterman that sells fresh crustaceans near my house for $5, so for $20 Chris and I can eat about all we can hold and have a delightful, messy meal at our picnic table. And then Rachel decided that after all these years she actually LIKES lobster! Last night she joined us in our feast, (upping the cost of our luxurious meal to a whopping $30!) She joined in on the buttery, flavorful fun and soon was cracking claws and picking tails with the best of 'em. Gone are the days when she was just as happy if we grilled her a burger.

2 comments:

Sharde(Shar-day) said...

Whoo! Five bucks for a lobster. I grew up in Mobile, AL (God bless the Gulf, and forgive BP) and even being around all that seafood, we could never find lobster that cheap. Can I send you my shipping address. I hear you can freeze and send food through certain postal services;-)

Daryl said...

Hi Sharde;
Lobster is native here in Maine, (and with you blessing the Gulf,) much like shrimp can be found cheap in Mobile. I have relatives in Long Beach, Mississippi, and have spent some happy days in that part of the world. Still, $5. is a bargain and I can easily pay much more if I try. I choose not to try!

Cheers...