Monday, August 16, 2010

Bucket 'o dogs...


This morning dawned gray and wet. A perfect day for the porch sofa, a laptop and an overdue writing assignment. 5 out of 6 dogs have joined me on the sofa. I took this photo leaning back as far as I could, the dogs are arranged from my tummy to my toes, starting with Flirt the toy poodle, then Poppy pug smooshed on the right, Blossom the new adoptee and her rolls of fat come next, then Smooch pug on my ankles and Lilly the antique boxer on my feet. Dazzle poodle is on the floor next to the couch. My husband says, of scenes like this, "It looks like someone just walked up and threw a whole bucket of dogs on you."
The house is quiet, all I hear is the sound of the wind in the lilacs, the rain pattering on the sills and the soft breathing sounds of contented dogs.

No comments: