Friday, August 6, 2010

Blossom...


Last week a couple of very nice professional photographers stopped by the shop and asked if they could take some film for a documentary they were putting together about grooming. They were from the Maine Photographic Workshop. They spent the entire morning shooting film and asking questions. Later they came back and asked if they brought a dog from the local shelter, would I groom it start to finish while they filmed. I had two no-shows that day which left some space in my schedule, so I happily agreed. Our shop, Yankee Clipper Pet Grooming and Supplies (http://www.yankeeclipperpetgrooming.com/) grooms shelter animals at no charge upon request.

A bit later the two photographers came back with, of all things, a PUG! She is 6 years old, named Blossom, and was displaced from her home when her elderly owner developed some health problems and was unable to care for her. A perfect angel, she seemed to enjoy a spa experience. I can't tell you how much I hated to see her go back to the shelter. So, today she came to my house for a 7 day visit to see how she does. So far she does just FINE. She met the sheep and the chickens. She met the other dogs and all was well. She explored the yard, explored the house and then explored the closest dog bed. She is still there.