Monday, December 13, 2010

750 Words, my latest addiction...

I read and enjoyed the book The Artist's Way. One of the exercises in the book was to write, longhand, 3 pages every morning. The idea is to kick start ones creative juices and unlock the flow of words rattling around in the writers head. I followed the advice of the author for about a week... but I hate writing long hand, my penmanship is illegible and my brain flows so much more nicely when I am tapping at the keys of my beloved computer. I tried doing the exercise in a word document, but it all became a bit unwieldy. Although I believed in the project, I didn't follow through.

Yesterday, while reading another blog, I stumbled upon www.750words.com
It was a EUREKA discovery, and I am totally jazzed about dedicating myself to writing 750 words (about 3 pages) every day. The website is set up so that there are some rewards to the writing... you can see when you reach your goal of 750 words, and you gain points for days you write, etc. And there is some accountability tossed in, too. Check it out, the website has delicious humor and is a nice place to poke around. I share this in hopes that some of my readers might care to join me, fingers dancing on the keyboard, writing, writing. Who knows where it will lead us?

No comments: