Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweet day...

So, I flew away, southward and home...
This sign always gives me a little thrill. It means I am almost there.

There where my "hideously unattractive" nieces are. There where the house I grew up in still welcomes me, where friends and family gather. Sister Donna and I visited the cemetary as the sun was setting to pay our respects to our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and others.


Back at the house we immersed ourselves in frosting and sugar and candy and the conversation flowed like syrup.



All the while sister Deb cooked for us, a feast of steak, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables and the most amazing salad made from baby spinach, fresh berries and candied pecans. The house was warm and cozy and welcoming and I was so happy to be there.




Every corner of my sisters home was filled with loveliness and light. We had such a sweet visit. I brought home a sticky ginger bread house and a pocket full of memories.




1 comment:

Cheryl and Phil said...

You must have awfully big pockets, to hold all those memories.