Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals for the new year...

One of my goals for the upcoming year is to be able to sell more of my writing.
I have been on vacation this week, and have spent a lot of time writing, thinking about writing, planning writing. There has been guilt involved... I should have cleaned the laundry room, reorganized the kitchen cabinets, done something more tangible. On this, the last day of '10, I was feeling that perhaps I had wasted some precious days.

Then I went to the mailbox. And there were two nice checks from articles I have sold.
And you know what? It made me feel like maybe my time was not wasted after all.

When I was in my teens it was my fantasy to have words I written or photographs I had taken published. Now that happens on a fairly regular basis. It boggles my mind to think of all of the dreams of mine that have come true. I can hardly wait to see what will happen next!

6 comments:

solarity said...

Words always matter.

I just looked at the word count on my journal for 2010: 151000.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Daryl said...

That's a LOTTA words, Mary Anne!
Next, the great American novel?
Keep on writin'...

Sean Patrick said...

Daryl darling, its easy to see that you work like a dog at your craft. I'm glad to hear its paying off.

solarity said...

My muse stopped sending me fiction ideas decades ago. She wants fiber art now, which is so much more work than typing! I distract her with lots of photography. I still put words in a row every day, though.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

(WV: calkrain? It certainly is raining steadily here. I hope I don't need to caulk anything....)

Janet Gray said...

You need to get more busy with your writing and write a whole BOOK, my friend...

Daryl said...

I actually have a fun book idea in mind... and you might have to be interviewed for it! Stay tuned.