Monday, December 6, 2010

Piling loveliness...

The seasons first accumulating snow is here. The wind is rattling the old casement windows and sending spiraling funnels of white off the garage roof.
The snow makes the wild birds seem grateful for the seed and suet in the feeders.

The chickens are not amused. They refuse to go out in the snow, and stare balefully out the door when I check on them. They are snug and dry in their coop, but bored, I imagine, and seemingly pouty.


The dogs are gleeful with the change in venue. There is much bouncing and leaping and joy on swift legs. (Yes, the toy poodle is a very strange color. A dye job gone horribly wrong!)



Even Lilly, who will be 13 in February, gets in on the fun the airborne excitement.
After our frolic I toss a log on the fire, fix a cup of tea and we all pile up on the sofa. I work on writing assignments while the dogs snooze. Outside the loveliness continues to pile up.


4 comments:

TwoCanines said...

Daryl,
This entry was such a nice sharing.
Thank you for creating and continuing with this blog. It has made me think, smile, laugh, and cry. Sometimes in the same blog!
Carol

Unknown said...

The snow is beautiful. I LOVE your chickens. I miss having those. Aren't they the most comforting part of a farm? I used to love just listening to my hens "chuckle" when I went out to visit them. And the dogs look like they are having just way too much fun. Hugs and have a merry christmas, Michelle

Sean Patrick said...

Lilly is lovely and I'd love to scoop her up and kiss her smelly face (13 yoa boxer=smelly face eh).
>sEan waves @ Michelle<

Daryl said...

Sean, her face is only smelly if you let her breathe on you. Her teeth look good, but there is some paint-peeling breath inside that old dog!