Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day two...

The second day of my three day weekend was pretty terrific. I slept until 6:30, which, oddly enough, is LATE for me. I let Chanel into the back yard so she could "mow" for me. After I took care of all the animals I went inside for a bit. At one point I glanced out the window and saw this... the pony lying down next to the picnic table. How magical is that?
My sweet friend Carol offered to give me a special gift to celebrate moving my pony home. She came over and cleaned my saddle and bridle for me. They had been sitting, unused, for too long and were moldy and horrid. Carol has extensive tack cleaning experience and she whipped that leather into shape in no time. While she did it we sat at the picnic table in the sun and chatted. It was such fun! While she was working her magic I cleaned all my horse brushes and the little caddy they stay in.
I spent a lot of time "puttering" today. I dearly love to putter... dallying about cleaning a bit here, messing in the yard a bit there, sitting and watching the animals in between times. Days in which there is no set agenda are so sweet.
It was a bad day for little Flirt the toy poodle. Weighing in at a mere 7 lbs, she is small enough to slide through the little squares on the wire fence. This is dangerous for her... she can get out to the street in the blink of an eye. Last week we put electric fence up to keep the livestock in. There is a very powerful charger and any animal (or human) that touches that fence gets a heck of a jolt. Today Flirt met the fence when she tried to sneak out. Much yelping ensued. Poor little thing. Hopefully she will learn from her experience and avoid it from this day forth, and stay safe and out of the road. Tomorrow is another "blank slate" day and I am looking forward to seeing what treasures it will hold. Hopefully it won't be SHOCKING!

No comments: