Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's day...

My sweet niece Aimee came to visit us. It is always a treat to spend time with her... and this time it was fun to teach her how to milk a goat, and let her hold the wonderful Adventure Chicken!
Of course I kept my mother, Dorothy C. Waters, in my thoughts throughout the day. She was a beautiful, kind, funny, creative woman. I miss her, but carry her with me in so much that I do. And I see a glimpse of her in the curve of my daughters cheek, and know that she lives on in the lives she helped to create.
And today would have been my sister Diane's birthday. She died 10 years ago, and I still struggle sometimes to wrap my brain around the fact that she is no longer here. I have a garden in the front yard that is in riotous bloom this time year. A bit of "Dicy's" ashes are buried there, and her vibrant personality is reflected in the colors of the fruit tree, daffodil's and tulips. It is a bitter-sweet garden, and today was a bitter-sweet day. I basked in the love and kindness of my little family, and dearly missed the ones who have gone before.

2 comments:

solarity said...

Has it been ten years? A woman I never met, and still I think of her often!

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Rain said...

Daryl-so hard to lose someone so close. There are reminders of them out there with us everyday. Sometimes I think the reminders make it hurt worse-but then I know better. Have a sunny spring day!~~Rain