Friday, May 25, 2012

Mowing...

We have quite a lot of lawn and it takes a good bit of time each week for us to mow and weed whack. The back yard seems to take the most time to mow, and we are guilty of letting it go a bit too long sometimes. This makes the job harder, as the mower struggles through the tall grass. We've had a good bit of rain, which means the grass is growing but the weather is not conducive to lawn mowing. But it is OK. Chanel is helping! I've been letting her hang out in the back yard some, and she has been methodically shortening the lawn. She looks good doing it, too. When I glance out the window and see a pony, I break out in spontaneous giggles. When I was a little girl, growing up in Boxford, Massachusetts, I was a serious dreamer. (I still am--- but I digress!) One of my favorite dreams was that I had a horse. A palomino colored horse with a long mane and tail. It would come when I called, (or whistled, maybe) and would stick its pretty head through my bedroom window. When I wanted to, I'd climb out that window and take a ride. I realized today, looking out my window, that this old, almost forgotten dream has come true. Isn't life grand?

No comments: