Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Look what sprouted..!

Where there was once field a building sprouted!
Steve from Roots, Coops and More, the people that built my wonderful chicken coop a few years ago, came out and created ...
a wonderful, sturdy, adorable "run in shed." This will be a sweet shelter for my horse and goat. There is more to do... a load of gravel is being delivered as soon as it stops raining. We'll shovel that inside the shed, and smooth it out, then top it with heavy rubber matting to make a smooth, easy to clean, comfortable-on-the-hooves floor. Then I want to stain the wood of the shed white to match the coop. They have the same pretty green metal roofing material so they will coordinate sweetly. I also think I'd like to have the name of my little farm painted on that top board. I wish I was better at things like that, I need to find a friendly artist! Meanwhile, the goats have had great fun exploring the new space, and every time I look out my window I find a happy grin splashes on my face!

No comments: