Monday, June 11, 2012

The dogs love the big overstuffed chair. I keep a throw on it... which, as you can see, they rearrange to suit themselves. They just look cute and I wanted to share. Chris and I went for a drive today (and bought a bunch of critter food while we were at it!) We saw this pretty horse and wagon coming towards us, with three young girls in pastel dresses and bonnets. I had my camera in my lap and was able to capture this sweet image. I wonder what it would be like to live that way? The piglets are enjoying their new space. They were very, very clean this morning, after running through the deep, dew covered grass. I can't quite get over how cute they are bopping about through the wildflowers, napping in the boggy area during the heat of day, and snuggled up in the clean hay inside their hutch at dusk. These little guys are growing on me. Meanwhile... I find myself moving a lot of manure. I am taking it from the pony paddock and moving it to the hen yard where the dirt is hard and grows not much more than thistles. I am also creating a manure pile near the garden... next year we will have an endless supply of aged manure to enhance the vegetable and flower beds. And... the black flies are fierce! I have roughly 100 bites on my head, neck and arms. They love me. I hate them. I have smooshed a lot of them. It gives me a small pleasure to know that they merely annoy me. I KILL them.

No comments: