Sunday, June 17, 2012

Things to do...

There were certainly a lot of things to do today. The porch needs to be cleaned and readied for summer enjoyment. There are a few small fence projects still to complete, and I want to tackle making a "twig" gate. The new shed needs to be stained, the deck needs a good power washing and a fresh coat of paint. The lawns need mowing and the gardens need weeding, plus a bit more planting is left to be done. But it is Fathers day! And this guy has been such a marvelous father to our daughter... he deserved to not mow or stain or weed or fence. So instead we went out to our favorite little local haunt for breakfast. Then we popped into a couple of stores he wanted to go to, and I nabbed him a nice Ryobi tool assortment for a gift. And then we went for a drive. He found a route that took us from Augusta to Brunswick, all along the banks of the Kennebec River. Small towns and rolling farm country unfolded before us, scenic vistas delighted us, and we got to spend quiet time together. We stopped for lunch at the Sea Dog brewery, and ate on the deck looking at this view. Not too shabby! And then we meandered home. I spent a couple happy hours puttering around and watching my animals. The day was quite non productive all told, but I am relaxed and happy and I am pretty sure my sweetie is, too.

No comments: