Monday, November 5, 2012

Slivers of November...

The goats spent this chilly morning lazing in the shed, chewing their cuds. The chickens spend a lot of time there, too. The bunny was nearby, but I didn't capture her in the photo. I've had to send my horse off to stay with my epically patient friend Marion for a bit until the buck goat goes to live at my neighbors house. I miss her and can't wait for her to be home again.
I hung some bird feeders near the deck railing, where I can see the wild birds dining from my kitchen window. I may need to rethink the placement, as the not-so-wild chickens discovered the feast this morning and had a little hen party.
Outside the world is fading to shades of gray and pewter. I take my color where I can find it.
Indoors it is beginning to look like Thanksgiving. I have my lists of things to do before the holiday made and am tackling projects one at a time. The cornucopia needs more dried flowers and/or gourds or something added to it. Much like me, it is a work in progress.

1 comment:

solarity said...

I keep reading the title as Silvers of November, which would be quite appropriate.
Lucky chickens! Poor Chanel, not allowed to kill the nasty goat.

Mary Anne in Kentucky