Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pineapples and packages...

I have mentioned before that my wonderful husband does all our grocery shopping, because I hate it and he is really good at it. However, we recently were in a grocery store together and I picked out a lovely looking pineapple. I planned to cut it up today, and have been happily anticipating sampling it.

It is snowing today. A major storm that has schools and businesses shut down, and me happily home bound. I heard a car in the drive and went out to save my postal delivery lady a walk up my snowy steps. She handed me an unexpected package, and I began to open it with glee.

I stopped when I noticed this:


Although the return address information from my gift sending friend was clear, it was nearly impossible to read my address! I have no idea how the postal workers deducted this was meant for me, but I am so glad they did!

Inside was some lovely lotion, some sweet candy, smile-worthy cupcake wrappers, and an amazing tool, the likes of which I have never seen before!


The instructions said to cut the top and bottom off the pineapple. Then place the tool on top and press down while turning.

That was easy.


In seconds, with very little mess, I had a perfectly cored, sliced pineapple, dripping in sweetness. I am a huge fan of my friend who sent it, the clairvoyant postal people, and this awesome gadget!


No comments: