Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bigger than a chickadee...


My friend Carol shared this photo with me and said I could blog it. Not your average bird feeder type birds, this is a small flock of wild turkeys, quite common here in Maine. We have them in our yard, too, but I've never managed to capture such a fun photo of them. We feed the wild birds at work, too, and often a flock of turkeys will come in from the woods behind us. They look like some ancient, mythical beings as they march through the trees. The size of them will surprise you, they are really quite huge. In the spring we are sometimes lucky enough to see the males as they fan their tails up and strut to impress the ladies. I know it works, because it never fails to impress me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

solarity said...

Turkeys rarely pass up food!

Mary Anne in Kentucky