Monday, February 2, 2009

No Mess...


Today was my day off. I cleaned the kitchen, did some chores, and then went to the barn to kiss my horse. When I came back, I opened the door to see my wood floors covered in white powder. It looked like a cocaine buy gone awry! The bad boxer had used her nimble paws and evil brain to open the baking cabinet. She pulled the dishpan that is wedged TIGHTLY in there out, and then opened 3 bags of flour, a bag of confectionery sugar, and a bunch of cake and cookie sprinkles that I kept stored there. The huge, industrial sized bottle of vanilla extract was on its side, dripping sticky extract into the white powder. I was less than amused. I did smile, though, when I read the label on the corn starch. The dog can get into any cabinet, she has even learned to open the oven, (when she figures out the refrigerator, we'll all starve!) but she has NOT learned to read the "no mess" suggestion!!

5 comments:

Sean Patrick said...

Perhaps this guy can help?

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/

sEan

D'Gaye said...

So that Bad Boxer strikes again. I'm thinkin she needs to be contained while you are away. I'll bet your thinkin worse things.

Cottagecheap said...

I reccomend Chinese paw cuffs!

solarity said...

The first thing Stony did after we moved in was learn to open the lazy susan cabinets. He is now barred from the kitchen unless I can keep an eye on him ALL the time.
Did anybody roll in the mess?

Kathryn275 said...

Me thinks she was just trying to bake you a cake and you caught her in the middle of her surprise!!! Bad Daryl!!!

Kathryn in Spring Hill