Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines...

On Valentines Day, and every day, I am so grateful for the gift of sharing my life with my sweet husband. There is a magical thing about having a relationship as comfortable as a favorite pair of old jeans. We are so enmeshed our very shadows are tangled together. And with all the earthiness of living a life with a mortgage and bills and too many dogs and pipes that freeze and a 100 year old house with sloping floors and a daughter with a pet snake and a pierced nose, there is this ribbon of joy that loops and flows and ties it all together, beautifully. Like a big, colorful, rattling gift. One that I get to open every blessed morning of my life.

1 comment:

solarity said...

There were a lot of good marriages in my family, but the one that showed the most was my Uncle Joe and Aunt Alice. When they'd been married sixty years, one of them would come back into the room (after answering the phone or going to the kitchen for more iced tea) and their eyes would meet, and they'd smile, and it would light up the room. Every single time. It sounds like you all have a good start on that.

Mary Anne in Kentucky