Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day off...

When I woke, pre-dawn and bleary, my mind searched to gather information about the day ahead. I knew it was weekend. Then I remembered it was Sunday and MY DAY OFF! I next remembered that my sister Deb was visiting. That sweetened the pot considerably.
After morning chores I noted that the paper white Narcissus I planted had bloomed in the night. The morning light made them glow.

Outside the thermometer hung in the low single digits. The icicles clinging to the house were magnificent in the sun.
After a breakfast of home made blueberry muffins, (and in the interest of full disclosure, though I consider myself to be a good cook, this was a new recipe and very disappointing!) sister, daughter and I piled in the car and went in search of adventure, fun and frivolity.

Found it~ look at the sparkle in Rachel's eye!
We did quite a bit of shopping... the candles below were so pretty I had to take a picture.
We had lunch out, walked Rockland's main street and poked into a variety of stores. We chatted with shop keepers and purchased a few small things.
If you ask my husband what my requirements are for a good day he will say that any REALLY good day for me ALWAYS includes ICE CREAM. And I don't want just any old ice cream, I want good stuff. We had good stuff today, in freshly made waffle cones. I loved the menu board at the shop; it was bright, colorful and delicious.



After ice cream we came home and messed about a bit. Then we made the best pizza we have ever had. It was a new crust recipe... and it cooked up thin, crispy and flavorful. We topped it with fresh garlic, olive oil, fresh basil, tiny Maine shrimp, mozzarella and fresh grated Parmesan. Magnifico! Much like the entire day.


No comments: