Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday...

I love Sunday's. We have a bit of a ritual. I am always up early because the dogs wish to go outside. Once up I take care of the animals, make a cup of herbal tea, then snuggle up on the sofa with the dogs and write for an hour. The house is silent except for snoring pugs, and I am cozy and warm and happy. Around 7 AM I call my sister Donna and we catch up on the news of the week.

Next, Chris wakes up and we have a nice breakfast. Then we watch our favorite TV show, Sunday Morning.

When that is over it is time to shower and dress and gather up refuse for the dump. We load the truck up and go to the transfer station. The "dump guy" gives any dogs I have with me a cookie.
After that we do something FUN. Sunday is our day of rest.

Today we "rested" a LOT. We drove to Belfast and went to a book store, a few other stores, and the Co-op (where we bought dried garbanzo beans.) We went to the harbor and took photos of the winter harbor in the snow. Then we went to Lincolnville beach and fed the gulls bread. I took photos of snow covered kelp and shells and birds and icy rocks. My fingers and ears were freezing... the mercury in the thermometer danced in the low 20's. From there we went to Camden harbor (with bread) and I took a lot of duck pictures. The ducks stood so close to me that they put their orange, webbed feet on my boots. They ate bread from my hands and bit my fingers with their flat beaks. I giggled like a kid.

After all THAT we went to see True Grit. I have not seen a movie in a theatre for many years. Chris put his arm around me and held my hand, too. It was all very sweet and cozy and romantic.

Then home and a supper of slow simmered vegetarian chili. As I sit on the leather sofa covered in a warm blanket and a lot of dogs, I feel myself relax into a state of utter contentment. Life? It's good. Did I mention that I love Sunday's?

No comments: