Thursday, January 6, 2011

Seeds...


During the course of my 50 years on the planet I have had thousands of creative ideas.

Some I have attempted to implement; one early example would be the countless times as a tiny child that I cut out the little, brightly colored circles on the whisper-thin plastic bag that Wonder Bread came in. I thought they were so pretty and airy and I was certain I could create something artful and lovely with them. I failed in this venture, (and in oh! so many others.)

Some ideas I have been too unsure of myself to try. Others seemed totally impossible, so I didn't attempt them. And many, many have simply been forgotten. Each of these creative ideas was like a seed. Small, dry, wrapped in a shell and just waiting for the right condition to come along so it could grow and become. (In this photo I am holding a handful of seeds hoping to entice a Chickadee to come perch on my hand. This is something I have wanted to experience for years, and I figure I'd better hurry up and at least try.)

I'd like to be kinder and gentler to my ideas from now on. I'd like to offer them the right conditions to try to become something.
What seeds do you hold in your hand?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jeannine said...

I LOVE IT !!!! I have trouble with your blog. My machine grinds nearly to a halt on your page..

Daryl said...

Why do you think that is? I don't want to grind anything to a halt!

Jeannine said...

I don't know. I was very sad that I couldn't scroll to the entire (wonderful, AWESOME) Christmas Post Past that you sent me...LOVED what I could see!