Thursday, December 15, 2011

Believe...

What I love about this season is the BELIEVING.  Or... as someone I treasure once said, "The suspension of disbelief."  We can believe that people can be a little sweeter, kinder, nicer, more thoughtful.  We can believe in the WONDER of a baby born in Bethlehem.  Or even in the magic of Santa.

One thing I believe is that I'll make many, many loaves of bread.  I've given out many so far this month... to the guys who sold us our Christmas tree, to some customers and neighbors and friends. I have more to bake, the starter is fed and bubbling on the counter. I delight in surprising people with a loaf of home made goodness. I believe in generosity.
Lilly, almost 14 years old, (ancient for a Boxer; her muzzle used to be deepest black) believes, with every fiber of her being, that Life is Good.  Tonight I gave her, the alpha dog, the one and only good soup bone I had available.  She looked at me, incredulous.  She looked at the other dogs, haughty.  Then she spent a happy hour gnawing and licking and making yummy noises.  

And you?  What do YOU believe in?  


No comments: