Sunday, December 4, 2011

Decking...

The decking of the "halls" has commenced.  Today I gussied up a plain wreath I bought a few days ago.  I found these awesome hand-made felt birds at a local store for under $4. each.  I snapped up one of each variety and carefully wired them on.  Added a little sheer gold ribbon and voila!  A smile worthy door decoration. I hung a sweet little illuminated angel in the high garage window, and my favorite Christmas flag is snapping in the wind by the door.  

We also finished decorating the tree... going with a very simplistic theme this year. Normally we haul out every single ornament collected over our entire marriage, all the little hand made things from our daughters childhood, a mish mash collection of colors and shapes and sizes. This year we decided to go for a rather simplistic approach; white lights, white crocheted snow flakes, little sparkly icicle ornaments and a bunch of antique crystals from an old chandelier that I found at a junk shop.  It is very pretty!

There was much hauling of fire wood today.  I don't mind the job, but my knees do.  They ache after I have pushed a loaded wheelbarrow over the uneven ground from one side of the yard to the other over and over.  A basement stacked full of good hard wood, though?  That is decorating I can really warm up to!

No comments: