Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let the season begin...

When I flipped the calender to December, I let the season officially begin.  I rebel against seeing Christmas glitz in stores in October, and do my best to let no carols touch my ears before the beginning of the month.  But today all bets were off.  My daughter and I donned matching red and green earrings shaped like the bulbs on a strand of lights, that FLASHED.  Yes, yes we did.  The dogs got dressed up in appropriate costumes, (much to their "delight") and we loaded the CD player at work up with seasonal music.  And the magic began a little bit... that feeling.  That feeling of happiness and anticipation and JOY.  The excitement of planning gifts for people I care about.  The plotting of baking goodies to share.  The delight of seeing people blossom a bit this time of year, become a little warmer, a little sweeter and more thoughtful.  It was a good day. 

1 comment:

Callie Brady said...

Love the look! Sounds like a lot of fun.