Friday, December 30, 2011

Changing things up...

In the center of my beautiful dining room table I have a collection of crystal candlesticks. They are different shapes and styles, and I love how when the sun streams through my window a thousand tiny rainbows dance on the walls and ceiling. Yesterday when I was putting Christmas decorations away I moved some things around. I replaced the dining room candles with a huge white platter and an old fashioned oil lamp. It looks simple, fresh and clean.
Then I shined up the crystal and moved the candle sticks to the window in my kitchen. Last night I lit the candles while I cooked and every time I glanced at that table I felt a happy smile creep up on me. Sometimes just moving things around and changing the way you look at them renews the way you see your world. As I prepare to turn the last page on the calendar that was 2011 I have decided to change things up more in the coming year. I am betting my world will look even more beautiful.

No comments: