Friday, December 23, 2011

White Christmas...

I woke before my 5:00 AM alarm this morning. It is my last day of work before a nice winter break, and there is much to do! When I sleepily opened the door to let the dogs out this is the scene that greeted me. The tune, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" marched, unbidden, into my brain. I put my favorite Christmas music on as I worked and watched the snow dancing in the predawn. All is calm, all is WHITE. I baked three loaves of gift bread that had risen next to the wood stove while I slept. I also made two big pans of pasta shells stuffed with a 3 cheese mixture. Quart bags of homemade tomato sauce that I had nestled into the freezer in August topped the shells. One pan will go to work for our annual Christmas party tonight, the other will be for our Christmas Eve feast tomorrow. A bag of carefully wrapped gifts is waiting by the door to go to work. Today promises to be long and rich and full. The festivities are in full swing.

No comments: