Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Forshadowing...

My oldest sister, Donna, is the closest thing our family has to an archivist. Periodically she digs up fun things and passes them along. In honor of my birthday today she sent me this picture,which I drew when I was somewhere between 6 and 8 years old.



I vividly remember drawing lots of these women... with impossibly long skirts. This one is fun because the girl in the picture is feeding a bird with a nest full of eggs and a perky squirrel. The lettering on the log says, "My Home." It's rather like my daily existence right now. Bonus grin: while I normally wear my hair down during the day if I am working or out and about, I am prone to wadding it on top of my head in a messy bun when I am hanging around the house. Just like in the picture!

If little girl Daryl could have looked ahead and seen what "grown up" life looked like, I think she would have been pretty excited for her future.

No comments: