Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cousins...

I've been blessed with some terrific family.

My cousin Chris, along with her sweet husband of 40 plus years, came from New Hampshire for supper tonight. We served them dip made from my own goat cheese mixed with garlic and basil, pork chops from a home-raised pig, fresh corn on the cob and yummy sauteed veggies from our favorite neighborhood farm. Dessert was sweet, fresh, Maine berries with fresh whipped cream (the cream was also from a local dairy.)

Under a post-storm rainbow, cousin Chris helped me milk the goats. She shares similar interests with me, and has raised her own pigs, lambs and chickens for meat in the past. She also had a family cow for many years, and utilized the milk to feed her kids home made dairy products.

Tonight we sat around the supper table a long time, swapping stories and laughing. It was so good. We don't see each other often, but the times we do get together it's a lot of fun. I'm so glad they came to Maine!



No comments: