Sunday, November 1, 2015

Time change...

I saw something on social media this week that said, "Changing the clocks in the fall is great, said no one ever." Well, I must come clean. I like it!

Here in the north part of the country, our winter days are very short. Having livestock, I tend to them very early in the morning, as well as in the evening. Much of the time I do my heaviest chores in the dark, and that is kind of a drag. Having the clocks change means I can do my early chores, at least, in the light. And those dark evenings? I rather like them, too. It is time for warm light spilling out the house windows, candles flickering warmly around the house, and fire dancing in the wood stove. I like the scent of wood smoke on the chilly air, and hearty fall meals like soups and stews. I like it all. Frosty dogs and grass...




The art of ice on autumn leaves...



The copper hues of the foliage that remains...



The happy sight of animals dining on the food I bring them...



The harvest has been gathered, the land is turning to a time of rest. Long cozy nights cuddled up to stay warm. Yes, I like it all.




No comments: