Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Direction


Tomorrow I am heading south... out of the snow and sub zero temperatures to Georgia, where it is supposed to be in the 60's. That sounds nearly tropical compared to the -08 degrees it was when I went out with the dogs this morning. It was so cold that Poppy pug was convinced she could not walk across the snow back inside after she was empty. She stood, paralyzed, lifting one foot, then another, making hardly any progress until I scooped her up and carried her inside.

Of course, I'll be in the hotel most every moment all weekend, but I will SEE some blooming flowers and trees on my way to and from the airport. I wont need a winter coat or hat or fuzzy mittens. And that will make me know that spring is marching this way, sometimes paralyzed by the cold, to be sure, but coming just the same.

We will embrace the mud and bugs and be buoyed by birdsong and sunshine and daffodils. Come north, spring, come north!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cottagecheap said...

Have fun, my dear pal!
I hope you get to see Pansies in bloom.