Friday, March 6, 2009

Special spirits...


This man's name is Frank. He is the greeter at the Atlanta Pet Fair, and at many other grooming industry trade shows that I attend. He and his team work security at the shows, and they are among the nicest people I have ever met. Frank is the kind of person that sort of radiates kindness and goodness. I smile just to see him... he ALWAYS remembers my name, always has a kind word, a hug, a gentle tease for me. He is a person that I do not know well by any stretch of the imagination, but I treasure him just the same. He is one of those souls who enrich the lives of those he touches. We need more men like Frank in this world.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

D'Gaye said...

So Daryl...there is a person you could hug for me. Frank....tell him Miss D'Gaye says hey and I'll see him next year!

Love ya

solarity said...

I am reminded of the produce manager at my local grocery. All I ever did was exchange smiles with him, but when he died suddenly of diabetic complications the store closed for a day, and when it opened the produce cases where draped in black, with flowers overhead; after the funeral they put a photograph of him up on the produce cases and it stayed there for over a year (until they moved to the new building.) In the weeks following his death I overheard so many conversations among customers about how he had helped them--not in the store, but in their lives. The world would fall apart without people like these.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Cottagecheap said...

Oh! I love him! He is such a wonderful guy.

Chuck said...

Frank is a great guy! Last of the true "Gentlemen".