Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Taste-Full...

When my husband and I eat out, he always teases me because I remove tomatoes from salads and sandwiches. That is because those tomatoes are cold, flavorless, pale things. They only remotely resemble what I grow in my garden. Above is a Heritage tomato I grew this year... ruby red, and completely packed with all the flavor that makes a tomato something to relish. I defy some hothouse fruit to match the taste that summer lays out when I plant and prune and tend, then TASTE!

3 comments:

solarity said...

Unfortunately my neighbors are saying that all the rain has made their home grown tomatoes flavorless. (I wish I didn't care, since I can only eat them after they've been cooked, but I do!)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Cottagecheap said...

I do the same thing.....people think I don't LIKE tomatoes...I just don't like the ooky hot-house ones, either!

D'Gaye said...

Someone once told me that the only time folks in "Small Town Maine" lock their car doors is during late Summer so they don't find the
back seat filled with zucchini.

Beautiful Produce!